With cauliflower mash, cheesy topping that was to die for, I swear we just made the BEST Keto Ground Beef Casserole! It’s loaded with wonderful comfort food and flavor that’s keto friendly!
This one is super simple if you are staring at a package of ground beef and don’t know what to make for dinner! It only takes about 15 minutes to prep it! If you make the cauliflower mash yourself it will take longer but you can buy already premade cauliflower mash in the freezer section of your local grocery store. For about FIVE minutes, just pop that bad boy in the microwave and you have instant cauliflower mash!
This recipe is pretty hardy and filling too! Makes 6 to 7 servings. So my daughter and I can take leftovers with us the next day for lunch, I always like to make extra servings like this.
SERVINGS 6 servings
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 14.5 oz can Green beans drained
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- ONE tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- TWO tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 20 oz Cauliflower Mash/prep 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- To 350 degrees, preheat the oven.
- Start by sauteing the onions in a large cast iron skillet until it gets translucent.
- Add the ground beef and until it’s browned, cook it.
- From the ground beef, drain the fat.
- To the cooked ground beef, add the seasonings (pepper, oregano, onion powder, salt, and chili powder) and horseradish sauce and stir until it’s well combined.
- To the sides of the pan, spread all the ground beef to make a hole in the center of the pan.
- In the pan, pour the cup of beef broth in that hole and over the liquid, sprinkle the Xanthan gum. Until it’s fully dissolved the Xanthan gum, whisk the liquid.
- Stir the ground beef and the liquid together. It will seem a bit watery but as it bakes in the oven, the sauce will thicken.
- Add the green beans and mix.
- Over the top of the ground beef casserole, spread the cauliflower mash in the skillet.
- With smoked paprika, sprinkle the cauliflower mash.
- With the shredded cheddar cheese, sprinkle the top of the cauliflower.
- For 25 to 30 minutes, bake this ground beef casserole at 350 degrees.
- For about 5 to 10 minutes before serving, allow this casserole to cool.
- For about FIVE to TEN minutes before serving, allow this casserole to cool.
Net Carbs: 5.3g