KETO ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND SWEET MINI-PEPPERS. For a tasty low-carb breakfast, anyone who likes sausage and peppers will love this Breakfast Bake!
Another ingredient I love is the recipe also uses Sweet Mini Peppers. We cut the mini pepper crosswise to make rings in this breakfast bake, and I loved the sweetness they added.
For extra protein and creaminess, this breakfast bake also has rinsed and drained cottage cheese curds, grated Mozzarella cheese, and a little Parmesan for the top.
- 5 links uncooked sweet turkey Italian Sausage
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided
- (rinsed with cold water and well-drained)1 1/2 cup cottage cheese,
- 1 cup sliced Sweet Mini Peppers
- (plus more for garnish if desired) 1/4 cup sliced green onions,
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 10 eggs, well beaten
- (optional but good) 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese for the top
- Preheat oven to 375F/190 C.
- In a large frying pan, heat TWO tsp. olive oil; Out of the casings, squeeze the sausage, and until it’s nicely browned, cook sausage over medium-high heat, with a turner or old-fashioned potato masher, breaking it apart as it cooks. (when it cooks, turkey sausage will release some water; before the sausage starts to brown, you’ll need to evaporate all the water .)
- Put cottage cheese into a fine-mesh strainer while sausage cooks, rinse with cold water, and let it drain well.
- Sweet Mini Peppers, cut the ends off, with a sharp spoon, scrape out seeds and membranes, and cut peppers into round slices. Slice green onions.
- Spray a 9.5 ” x 11″ class casserole dish with spray(non-stick) when the sausage is browned and put sausage into the casserole dish.
- Into the frying pan, you cooked the peppers in, put the other 2 tsp. olive oil, add the sliced mini-peppers, and until the peppers barely start to soften and get some sausage flavor from the pan, cook just 2-3 minutes.
- In the casserole dish, layer the peppers over the sausage, then with the drained cottage cheese, top.
- Then to the casserole dish, add the grated Mozzarella and sliced green onions. Season with pepper and Spike Seasoning.
- Into a bowl, break eggs and until yolks and whites are all combined, beat well and pour eggs over the other ingredients. To gently “stir” so that all ingredients are evenly combined, use a fork; then top with the Parmesan(coarsely grated).
- For 35-40 minutes, bake the breakfast bake, or until it’s the top is starting to brown and completely set.
- Serve hot, for garnish, topped with more sliced green onions. With a dollop of sour cream, this is also good on top.
KETO ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND SWEET MINI-PEPPERS
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Unsaturated Fat: 9g
Leave a Comment