KETO DECONSTRUCTED PIZZA CASSEROLE. That the whole family is going to love, a delicious comfort food casserole. And on my blog, this is the most popular low-carb casserole recipe!
I’m reminding you about this Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole that’s been a hit with so many of my readers for today’s Friday Favorites feature.
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS?
This pizza casserole will freeze well like most casserole recipes and can be reheated in the microwave/a hot oven. Unfortunately, it usually disappears before I can get any in the freezer at my house!
- (14.5 oz. can; do not use petite dice tomatoes)1 can diced tomatoes, well-drained
- (19.5 oz.) 5 links uncooked turkey/pork Italian sausage
- 2 tsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and fresh-ground pepper
- (I used brown Cremini mushrooms.)12 oz. fresh mushrooms(washed and cut into thick slices)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices pepperoni, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- With non-stick spray/olive oil, spray a glass casserole dish(8-inch x 11-inch).
- Into a colander placed in the sink, pour the diced tomatoes and rinse with cold water. For a minute or two, let tomatoes drain, then to dry, spread them out on paper towels.
- Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan while tomatoes dry, squeeze the sausage out of the casing, and until it’s nicely browned, cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Wash mushrooms, pat dry, and slice into thick slices while sausage cooks.
- Make a layer of sausage in the bottom of the casserole dish when the sausage is done and top with the drained tomatoes, over the top of the sausage, spreading them out.
- Season with fresh-ground black pepper, salt, and dried oregano.
- Rinse out the pan, then over medium-high heat, heat the other 2 tsp. of olive oil. Add the mushrooms when the pan is hot and cook, until all the liquid is released, stirring a few times, and the mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Over the sausage-tomato mixture, layer the mushrooms.
- In half, cut pepperoni.
- Over the top of the casserole, sprinkle the grated Mozzarella and lay the pepperoni pieces on top of the cheese, so the whole top is covered with pepperoni, spacing them evenly.
- Until the cheese is melted and starting to brown, bake for about TWENTY-FIVE minutes.
- Serve hot.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Unsaturated Fat: 10g