Keto Shrimp Egg Foo Young. A basic, quick and comprehensive dish that you can make any time. Keto and low-carb recipe, it is the absolute BEST . Using the restaurant preparation method, try this delicious classic !
Which usually served for brunch, an omelet is an egg dish . You can’t go wrong with enjoying it every day, it’s super easy.
What is in egg foo young
That you might already have at home, the ingredients are simple and something. However, when making egg foo young, you need to remember one thing – less is more!
Shrimp for protein
Tomato ketchup for gravy
Chicken broth, water
To cover the bottom of your pan, enough oil . To create fluffy, crispy texture, and browned surface, you will need oil and high heat
You will need a skillet to fry the shrimp egg foo young and a saucepanEgg foo young variations because making egg foo young doesn’t require specific kitchen tools
You can also replace it with ground chicken, beef, pork if you’re allergic to shrimp. Or by using mushrooms, broccoli, bean sprouts, or any vegetables, make it a vegetarian version .
Vegan egg foo young
By using a combination of 1 cup of chickpea flour, 1/2 block of tofu, and 1 cup of water, you can also make this egg foo young recipe eggless. Until smooth, blend those ingredients; then add the fillings in.
Keto-friendly egg foo young
This shrimp egg foo young recipe is keto-friendly in general since I don’t add any flour or cornstarch. However, when you have egg foo young in a restaurant, you might want to check with the chef since they might adjust the recipe accordingly.
Shrimp egg foo young
- 5 chicken eggs
- 3/4 cups shrimp deveined, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- To cover the bottom of the pan, enough oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Egg Foo Young
- With shrimp and cabbage, beat the eggs .
- Add pepper, salt, and garlic. Mix well .
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil, and to make a patty, scoop about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the skillet . Fry until it gets golden brown.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together tomato ketchup, garlic, sugar, and chicken broth until the sauce simmers and thickens. Add salt; then to make the egg foo young gravy, drizzle over the egg foo young .
SERVING SIZE: 3 oz
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 7.9g