KETO JALAPENO POPPER HOT DOGS are not only crispy and cheesy on the outside but with a juicy hot hot inside. Come in at just 2 net carbs per serving and these are way better than a corn dog!
Course: Appetizer, Entree, Gluten-free, Snack
Cuisine: American, Keto, Low Carb
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 6 Hot dogs low carb*
- 12 Slices cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoon Monterrey Jack shredded cheese
- 1 Large jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- Before starting next steps, cook the hot dogs fully. Any method is fine(prefer to grill), just keep them whole.
- To be handled, allow the hot dogs to cool enough, then skewer each lengthwise.
- Over medium heat, place a non-stick or well greased skillet, and in the center of it, lay two slices of cheddar cheese down.
- Until it begins to resemble a piece of lace, let the cheddar cheese melt completely. It will simply slide right off if you do not let the cheese melt completely before attempting to wrap it around the hot dog.
- Place a tablespoon of Monterrey jack cheese and a small sprinkling of jalapeno peppers down the center of it once the cheddar cheese is mostly melted. For about 30 seconds longer, allow the cheese to bubble and melt. At the bottom now, the cheese should be nice and crisp.
- Place the hot dog on the edge of the cheese(Start at one end), and to help wrap the cheese around the hot dog by using a spatula with one hand as with the other hand, you spin it on the skewer. To let it cool slightly, hold for a few seconds, and then place it on a rack to finish cooling.
- With the remaining hot dogs, repeat steps 3-6.
Saturated Fat: 19g
Vitamin A: 665IU
Vitamin C: 2.8mg