A simple and delectable dessert for the Keto diet is the Keto Lime Curd Tart. With this one, Joanie truly outdid herself. Your palate is left with a lasting sweet-tart taste. The crust’s flavour is reminiscent to shortbread. It has a slight graininess and crunch in the crust and is light and flaky overall.
Her dish has the same tart flavour of Key Lime Pie but with a curd-like filling. The best part is that a big slice only has 6g of net carbohydrates!
Lime curd is a traditional dessert that is thick and created with fruit, butter, eggs, and sugar. Simply by replacing the regular recipe sugar with a sugar-free sweetener, it is simple to turn a highly sumptuous dessert into a low-carb masterpiece.
Joanie enjoys using erythritol in her baking, but you could also use sukrin melis or monk fruit (powder sugar substitute). She could have made a lemon curd tart instead of a lime curd dessert.
The lime juice is the key ingredient. Please refrain from using lime concentrate or juice in bottles. Here in the Southwest, limes are definitely plentiful and inexpensive. In fact, we discover that packaged items from our neighbourhood Costco are the least priced.
We squeeze our own lime juice as you only need 3/4 cup. Use a hand-held juicer. They are excellent cooking utensils to keep on hand.
- Butter, 1/4 cup
- 14 teaspoon sea salt with 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 1 cup of almond meal (blanched)
- Coconut flour, two tablespoons
- 3 Eggs
- 3-egg yolks
- 1/4 cup lime juice and 1 cup erythritol
- 8 grains of sea salt
- Butter, 6 Tablespoons (cold and cubed)
- To 350 degrees F, set oven.
- In a sauce pan(medium), melt the salt, erythritol, and butter . Erythritol must be dissolved by stirring.
- Incorporate the almond and coconut flours after turning the heat off. Into a tart baking dish(9-inch), press the crumbly mixture to create crust. In the dish poke a few holes with a fork, then bake for TEN mins until it gets golden.
- Oven temperature should be decreased to 325°F.
- Combine the sea salt, egg yolks, erythritol, lime juice, and eggs over medium heat in a saucepan until it gets well combined.
- Add the butter, whisking continually, a little at a time! It is done when the back of a spoon, the mixture coats . The mixture will thicken.
- When the filling has set after 10 minutes of baking, pour it into the crust. Until you can refrigerate, let the food cool on a cooling rack. For up to 2 days, refrigerate.
- Serve cold.
- Top with whipped cream/sukrin melis.
Saturated Fat-10.9g |