Making tacos with Keto Mexican Barbacoa Beef will result in the most flavorful, scrumptious tacos you’ve ever had. Shredded beef would be a straightforward name. However, this “slow cooker” version is incredibly juicy and tender.
We adore it heaped high on a plate with cilantro and radish on top, or inside our keto almond flour tortillas. This time, Joanie has surpassed herself. You’ll adore this design.
The most popular choice for the main component is chipotles in adobo sauce. They are simple to locate and have a very distinctive smokey flavour.
Try Joanie’s recipe below if you simply want a meaty flavour with a little spice or add one if you enjoy smoky shredded beef. It’s been fun both ways for us.
Genuine Mexican barbacoa is frequently cooked with beef cheek or head, which is hard to find! We continue to have beef chuck roast. Joanie did cut the roast to remove extra fat for this recipe. She didn’t want the paste to separate like rub would.
The barbacoa beef has the ideal texture and flavour! Two dried peppers, Guajillo and Ancho, are used by us for flavour, colour, and heat (Pasilla can be substituted). The dried peppers must be reconstituted before being stemmed and seeded and blended.
They bring so much flavour and colour! Learn this easy method; it will introduce you to a whole new world of food!
- Chuck roast, 3 pounds
- Olive oil, two tablespoons (extra virgin)
- a guajillo pepper, three (soaked, stemmed, seeded)
- 3 chile ancho (soaked, stemmed, seeded)
- six cloves Garlic
- Pepper and salt (season roast pieces)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Sukrin Gold in two tablespoons
- Cider vinegar, two tablespoons
- a teaspoon of oregano (dried)
- Lime juice, 2 tablespoons
- The dried Guajillo and dry Ancho peppers should be toasted for 3 minutes, flipping once, in a skillet or comal over medium heat. After removing the skillet from the heat, set the peppers aside.
- The medium sauce pan’s heat should be raised to medium-high before adding the peppers and garlic. Boil the water after putting a lid on it. The peppers should rehydrate after 15 minutes of simmering at medium heat.
- Cut the beef roast into four or five slices and trim the majority of the fat while the peppers rehydrate. Then with salt and pepper, season beef . High heat is used to warm a Dutch oven.
- Chuck roast chunks are seared on all sides after being added to 3 tablespoons of oil (about 10 minutes). Take out of the Dutch oven, then set aside.
- From the saucepan, 1/2 cup of the rehydrated water, garlic, Sukrin Gold, vinegar, oregano, and the rehydrated peppers in a blender should all be combined . Until smooth, blend. As necessary, add extra water.
- Put the slow cooker with the chunks of seared chuck roast in it. Put the meat in the blender with the sauce, and blend on high for six hours.
- Once cooked, shred the meat with two forks, drizzle lime juice over the plate, and serve in Keto
- Almond Flour Tortillas or on a platter with diced tomatoes, red cabbage, radish, cilantro, or red onion.
Saturated Fat-12.3g |