You’re in for a treat today because this KETO LOW CARB BREAD PUDDING is not only great in taste but it’s also a nut free, gluten free breakfast, brunch or dessert recipe!
LOW CARB BREAD PUDDING
Made with stale bread and milk or cream, bread pudding is a classic recipe, plus eggs to make a nice custard type dessert. This recipe for low carb bread pudding uses low carb coconut flour bread as the base, dried overnight and soaked in delicious cream and spices for the ultimate, tasty, keto breakfast or brunch or dessert to share with family and friends.
For best results, this recipe does require you to make it ahead. We prefer baking it the day before. Allow it to dry out on the counter overnight, once cooled and cut into bite size cubes, without covering it. When you prepare this bread pudding recipe, this will help the bread soak up all the cream mixture the next day.
- (dried overnight) 8 slices My Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread cubed,
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup Swerve brown sugar sub
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup frozen cranberries
- 1 ounce sugar free chocolate chips
- sugar free whipped cream to serve
- ½ stick butter melted
- ½ cup liquid Allulose
- The day before you plan to make this bread pudding, prepare coconut flour bread. You’ll only need Eight slices for this recipe. Slice bread into 1 inch cubes once baked and cooled, and to dry overnight on the counter, lay on a baking sheet. You can toast the cubes in a 350 degree oven, if you don’t have time for this step, for 5-10 minutes to dry the bread out.
- Grease a baking dish(9 by13). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Into the greased dish, pour the dried cubed bread.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the cubed bread.
- Sprinkle optional toppings all over the bread. skip this step, if not using optional toppings.
- Mix together allulose sweetener or choice sweetener and the melted butter and pour all over the bread.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread is browned and center is set.
Net Carbs: 1g per serving
Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Vitamin A: 271IU