This has all of the traditional flavors, with none of the guilt! KETO LOW CARB PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CUPCAKES rich buttery cake complete with real pineapple and a fresh cherry is sure to please anyone!
- ¾ Cup Pineapple Fresh or Frozen
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter divided
- ¼ cup, plus 3 tbsp Brown Sugar Substitute
- (pitted and sliced in half) 6 Cherries Fresh or frozen,
- 1 ¼ cups Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Vanilla Low Carb Protein Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Pineapple Flavoring (Optional)
- Along with Four tbsp. of butter, begin by placing the pineapple, and Three tbsp. of the brown sugar substitute over medium heat, into a medium saucepan.
- Let it come to a low boil, then cover and stirring frequently, reduce to a simmer. While you prepare the cake, continue allowing this mixture to simmer.
- To 325 degrees F, preheat the oven and with non-stick spray, prepare a Twelve cup muffin pan.
- Take a bowl(medium) and combine the baking powder, whey protein, salt and almond flour, stirring to combine. Put mixture aside
- Take another bowl(medium) and combine the remaining brown sugar substitute, vanilla, pineapple flavoring, erythritol and butter. Until it gets light and fluffy, beat with a hand mixer.
- Put eggs and almond milk and beat again until it gets well integrated.
- Add the dry ingredients in with the wet working in batches, mixing after each addition until you have a creamy, smooth batter.
- Take butter and pineapple mixture out from the heat, and mash up the pineapple, using a fork.
- Into the bottom of each muffin cup, place one cherry half, Then between all the muffin cups, evenly distribute the pineapple mixture. (about One tbsp. of pineapple per cup)
- Being careful not to overfill, top this with the cake batter.
- For 30-45 minutes, bake in preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Before removing from the muffin pan, allow them to cool.
12g sugar alcohols
15.6g total carbs –
12g sugar alcohols – 0.6g
fiber = 3 net carbs!