These are fantastic, quick meal or side to enjoy anytime! Perfect for a fun keto appetizer! KETO SHRIMP CAKES are paleo, keto, nut free, gluten free and low carb!
Shrimp cakes are a savory fish cake, similar to crab cakes, that traditionally combines breadcrumbs, mayo, mustard, eggs and seasonings and can be baked, fried, broiled, even deep fried.
KETO SHRIMP CAKES are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside with lots of fresh spice and flavor!
- 1 pound shrimp deveined, tails off
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha optional
- One tablespoon lime juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 scallions
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- Into a food processor, place half the raw shrimp and all the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until it gets well combined. Add to a bowl(large).
- Chop remaining shrimp coarsely and stir together in the bowl.
- In a skillet(large), heat avocado oil or coconut oil over medium high heat. To cover the bottom of the skillet, pour enough oil.
- To drop batter into the skillet, use a cookie scoop(large). Flatten slightly, once you drop batter.
- Don’t overcrowd it. Heat for about Three mins or until it gets browned then to cook another 2-3 minutes, flip over. While you finish cooking the rest, remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Mixed with some lime juice cilantro or parsley serve with mayonnaise.
- Store left overs in an in the fridge(airtight container) for up to 2 days.
Net Carbs: 1g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 175IU
Vitamin C: 4mg