These will be an upgrade to your basic egg recipes! KETO OMELETTE ROLL UPS
For very minimal carbs, eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods you can enjoy, if you’re on a keto or low carb diet. That’s why this recipe is so amazing! Gives you a change from the typical egg recipes.
This is quick and easy and takes your basic egg recipe up a notch! Traditional omelets option is the base of the recipe and can be filled with whatever you like. Adding heavy cream creates satisfying omelet. It can also be made without cream for a dairy free, more traditional omelets option. For a slightly sweeter coconut tasting omelets roll up you could also replace with coconut milk, if you prefer.
- 4 large eggs separated
- optional (coconut milk for a slightly sweeter option) or 2 tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
- ⅓ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper cracked, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon ghee for frying (sub avocado oil or butter)
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese full fat
- ⅔ avocado sliced
- 3.5 ounces smoked salmon or 100 grams
- Optional: lettuce, or micro greens
- Using a fork or a balloon whisk, in a bowl whisk together the pepper, optional cream, salt and egg yolks until it gets combined.
- Add the egg whites To a clean bowl(mixing) and until stiff peaks form, whisk using an electric whisk. Gently fold the egg whites through the yolks by using a spatula.
- In a 24cm frying pan(non-stick), melt One teaspoon of ghee (butter/avocado oil) over a medium heat. Add half the egg mixture and heat for about Two mins Fifteen seconds or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip and For a further 2 – 3 minutes, cook until cooked on both sides.
- Take it out from the pan and to let the omelette settle, allow to cool slightly and make it easier to roll. To make the 2nd Keto Omelette Roll Up,repeat using the remaining mix.
- Top each omelette roll up With avocado, cream cheese and smoked salmon, roll and slice in 2.
- Storage: best fresh on the day of making.
Net Carbs 3g and includes fillings
Saturated Fat: 11g
Vitamin A: 876IU
Vitamin C: 7mg