Wrapped around the best gluten free & dairy free keto dough, GLUTEN FREE KETO PIGS IN A BLANKET are the perfect party appetizer! Serve with your favourite dipping sauce!
These are made with amazing magic keto dough which can be used to make literally anything!
Large Mixing Bowl
- ▢12 medium (400 g) sausages
- ▢4 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- ▢1 egg (for egg wash)
- ▢1 tbsp water (for egg wash)
- ▢½ cup (70 g) coconut flour
- ▢1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- ▢1 tsp baking powder
- ▢3 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- ▢1 tsp onion powder
- ▢1 tsp garlic powder
- ▢½ tsp salt
- ▢3 medium eggs
- ▢1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Take a bowl(large) and add the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
- To the bowl, add the 3 eggs and mix with a spatula. Use some muscle as the dough will be a little hard to mix!
- In 4 steps, pour in the boiling water and mix between each pour. As your pour it in, you’ll notice the psyllium and coconut flour absorb the water.
- Until all of the water has been added, mix the dough with your spatula. Start kneading the dough with your hands once added until a big ball is formed.
- Into Twelve equal balls, separate the dough.
- On top of the table, place a piece of parchment paper, put 1 ball in the middle and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Just to flatten it a bit, press the ball with the palm of you hand, and then roll it out using a rolling pin to about 15cm/6″ long and 10cm/4″ wide.
- On the rolled out dough, place the sausage, and roll it up into a roll. The sausage should be completely covered but the end and tip should be seen.
- Repeat with the remaining sausages and dough. Onto a baking tray, transfer the pigs in a blanket.
- Take another bowl(small) and mix with the 1 tbsp. of water and 1 egg together. This is egg wash. Brush it on top of all.
- Sprinkle(everything but the bagel seasoning) on top.
- Put in oven and bake for Twenty Five to Thirty minutes. The dough is crisper at 30 minutes and softer at 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven.
- Enjoy with your favorite low carb dipping sauces!
Amount Per Serving
Saturated Fat 4.3g27%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
NET CARBS 3.13g6%
Leave a Comment