This is soft and flaky, and flexible enough to make pretty pie crust designs. This PERFECT CREAM CHEESE KETO PIE CRUST is for a double pie crust, but to make a single bottom crust, can be cut in half.
EASY CREAM CHEESE PIE CRUST
Then PERFECT CREAM CHEESE KETO PIE CRUST recipe is for you if you’re tired of dealing with low carb pie crusts that easily break apart, taste bland or require super expensive ingredients.
9 cup Food Processor
- ▢360 g (3 cups) blanched almond flour
- ▢1 tbsp (1 tbsp) coconut flour
- ▢2 tsp (2 tsp) xanthan gum (or guar gum)
- ▢1 tsp (1 tsp) baking powder
- ▢1.5 tsp (1.5 tsp) salt
- ▢2 (2 ) eggs
- ▢110 g (6 tbsp) cream cheese
- Egg wash
- ▢1 (1 ) egg
- ▢1 tbsp (1 tbsp) water
- DOUBLE PIE CRUST. Please cut the recipe in half if you only want to make a SINGLE pie crust,.
- Add all of the dry ingredients in a food processor. Until all of the ingredients are nicely blended together, give it a couple of stirs with the pulse button.
- To the food processor, add the cream cheese and eggs and press the high button. Until a smooth ball forms, let it mix. This should take 10-30 seconds. The cream cheese should be completely mixed(shouldn’t be any chunks left).
- Remove batter out of the food processor and put in plastic bag. Take the air out and seal the bag. Put it in the fridge and chill for a of 1 hour(minimum).
- Separate the dough into two, once chilled. Cover the second ball and put it back in the fridge.
- Using your hands, form a ball and place on top of a parchment paper. With a second piece of parchment paper, cover the top of the ball.
- With a rolling pin, start rolling out the dough until you have a circle big enough for a pie plate(9″/23cm).
- Peel the top parchment paper and there will be a nice big circle.
- With the bottom parchment paper still attached to it, carefully lift the dough and flip it over to the pie plate.
- Stick the dough properly to the plate with your hands and then carefully peel the paper off.
- Cut the extra dough with a knife that’s going over the plate.
For a single crust.
- You would add the filling to the crust now if you’re making a single crust pie and bake 30-45 minutes depending on the filling.
- You’ll pre-bake the crust for 20 minutes at 350F if you’re adding a no-bake filling and then add your filling.
For a double crust.
- As the bottom steps, repeat the same steps, but feel free to cut some dough off, make designs with cookie cutters. Just remember to work fast. The dough doesn’t work very well if you’re going to make designs when it’s getting warm so you must work fast. Make a ball again, if your dough gets too sticky, wrap it back in plastic and chill it in the fridge one more time.
- To the bottom crust, add the filling.
- (with the help of the parchment paper) Add the top crust over and peel the parchment paper off.
- Take a bowl(small) and mix the egg and water in it.
- All over the top pie crust, brush the egg wash. Put in oven and bake for Forty mins at 350F.
- Remove from oven and for a good 10-15 minutes let it cool, before serving.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3.57g22%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.23g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.19g
NET CARBS 4.28g9%
Leave a Comment