This recipe for LOW CARB KETO FRENCH DIP BURGERS is all you need, if you’re looking for a way to level up your next burger!
This is a little twist on a traditional French Dip sandwich served with Au Jus sauce to dip and caramelized onions. Served on a toasted low carb sub roll, big bold flavors, topped with tasty onions.
WHAT IS AU JUS?
It’s a French word that means “in its own juice”. It’s a thin gravy to use as a dipping sauce for any sandwich or meat dish you like.
IS AU JUS KETO?
Mixed with a few other ingredients, typically flour, traditional Au Jus is made using the drippings of the meat you are cooking.
If the recipe calls for white flour, it is not keto friendly. We are not using any flour and it works just as good as a thin dipping sauce full of flavor.
HOW TO THICKEN AU JUS
After the broth has been warmed through, add the optional glucomannan. Continue to stir on low heat and it should thicken nicely.
A half teaspoon is enough, be careful not to use too much, as you don’t want a thick gravy.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onion sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon instant espresso powder optional
- ½ teaspoon glucomannan optional to thicken
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- (toasted with butter before serving) Cloud Bread Recipe for Sub Rolls
- 6 slices Gruyere cheese (optional)
Over medium heat, heat the oil In a skillet(large). Stirring occasionally, add the onions and cook, until it gets caramelized and soft, about fifteen minutes. Add the pepper, salt and garlic, cook another minute then take it out from pan and put it aside.
- Into a bowl(large), place the beef and mix together with the mayonnaise, pepper, chili, and salt.
- Into Six portions, divide the beef. Shape into a Six inch long patty(rectangular).
- In the same skillet used for the onions heat the oil over high heat. Put the burgers in the pan once you see the oil shimmer and cook until it gets browned on the bottom, about 4-5 minutes. Until desired doneness, flip over and continue to heat. Cook another 3-4 minutes for medium.
- Place one slice over each burger at the last minute of cooking time(If using optional gruyere cheese). Cover, wait about Thirty secs, lift lid and check if cheese is melted, cover again if not for another 10-15 seconds.
Over medium heat, whisk the Au Jus ingredients together in a sauce pan(small). To warm through, cook about Five minutes. Until ready to serve the burgers, keep on low heat.
On the bottom of the toasted sub roll, place one burger. Top with caramelized onions and any toppings you like. Cover with top roll. On the side for dipping, serve with warm Au Jus.
Saturated Fat: 19g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat: 17g
Trans Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 85IU
Vitamin C: 5mg