KETO CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE is always a winner if you are the kind of person who prepares dinner at the last minute. It’s always our fallback dish and the whole family will love it.
We have a few favorites up my sleeve but my go-to is always this recipe. We grew up eating this as it was our parent’s take on healthy fast food. We’ve made some small adjustments to the original recipe, but we can confirm it tastes just as good.
This recipe can be prepared exactly as specified and served with a side of vegetables. Or, to make it a full meal, you could add vegetables like cauliflower rice or spinach.
This easy 30-minute keto cheeseburger casserole makes a wonderful low-carb alternative to a classic cheeseburger and is hearty and filling. You won’t miss the bun!
In a delightfully non-gourmet sort of way, this casserole is so delicious. Kids and Grownups alike always enjoy it. You can vary the spices you use, you can make it as written, and you can add veggies. It’s a very forgiving and flexible recipe, like most casseroles.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Course: Main Course
Servings: 6 servings
- Olive oil spray for the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt/ONE teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar divided (6 oz)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- With olive oil, spray a baking dish(2-quart).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, for about TWO minutes. Add the onions and the beef. Cook, until the onion, is soft and the meat is browned stirring to break up the beef, about FIVE minutes.
- Carefully drain the mixture and return it to the skillet if there are liquids at the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the garlic, black pepper, and kosher salt. Heat, stirring, ONE more minute.
- Turn the heat off. Stir in the ONE cup of cheddar, unsweetened ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.
- To the prepared baking dish, transfer the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is melted for about FIFTEEN minutes.
- Or, broil the casserole 6 inches below the heating element (not directly below) if your baking dish is broiler-safe until the cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
Serving: 1serving |
Calories: 194kcal |
Carbohydrates: 5g |
Protein: 21g |
Fat: 10g |
Sodium: 599mg |
Potassium: 439mg |
Fiber: 1g |
Vitamin A: 397IU |
Vitamin C: 5mg |
Calcium: 256mg |
Iron: 2mg |
NET CARBS: 4g
Leave a Comment