These are a GAME CHANGER! While the low-carb wheat tortillas might be an issue for some keto dieters, my family loved them and I like to use them occasionally in recipes! If you’re missing soft flour tortillas, Keto Mexican Chimichangas are a nice change of pace and seriously delicious.
We need a great low carb tortilla to cut carbs – and coming in at just 3 net carbs per tortilla, Mama Lupe’s brand is a yummy option. To a traditional flour tortilla, they’re soft and taste super similar . For burritos, you can use these tortillas , tacos, wraps, or for chips and tostada shells, even fry them ! YUM!
Chimis are EASY to make!
Keto chimichangas are simple to make at home as for the process. I used some taco spiced ground beef but you can use shredded beef or chicken, however. If you’re interested in making your own (it’s delicious) check out our homemade taco seasoning!
I added some meat, a little bit of salsa, and cheese and folded it like a burrito to my tortilla. Then, I just heated some coconut oil on the stove, and until browned and a little crispy, I pan-fried the burrito . It will be awesome, too if you want to brush some oil on the tortilla and place in your air fryer instead!
On top in the oven, the last step is just melting some enchilada sauce and cheese . Easy and muy delicioso!
Ok, this idea is heaven!
Make this ASAP if you’ve been avoiding Mexican food thinking it can’t be keto-friendly. I think As a yummy quick lunch or dinner, you’ll love it ! As it’s cheesy and crunchy, I loved the taste and texture, and the added enchilada sauce is perfection! Enjoy!
- 2 low carb tortillas
- (cooked & warm) 2/3 cup cooked taco seasoned ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided (Prefer Mexican blend cheese.)
- Four Tbsp. red enchilada sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spoon One tbsp. shredded cheese, One tbsp. salsa, and 1/3 cup taco seasoned meat to each tortilla, down the center. Fold the sides in, and (wrap) into a burrito.
- To medium heat, heat coconut oil, in a pan on the stove. Add the burritos, and on all sides, pan fry for Thirty to Sixty seconds, until slightly crispy and browned. Drain on a covered plate(paper towel).
- Transfer to an oven(safe pan). With remaining shredded cheese, and 2 tbsp. of enchilada sauce, top each.
- For about 5 minutes, bake in the oven until cheese is melted. Serve warm. One chimichanga per serving size.
Yield: 2 servings,
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
10g Total Carbs
5g Net Carbs