This Keto Mongolian Beef is the perfect dinner that can be eaten by the entire family and you can even get excited about the leftover. Keto Mongolian Beef can even be made for a party or family gathering and everybody is going to praise how good of a cook you are.
- 1 pound skirt steak cut into ¼ ”strip
- 1 tablespoon of tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup whey protein isolate
- ½ cup of neutral avocado oil, algae, or refined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup of tamari or soy sauce if it is not gluten-free / or coconut amino acids if it does not have soy
- 3 tablespoons brown erythritol
- 4 green onions cut into 1 ”pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a glass container with a lid, combine skirt steak, tamari, and sesame oil. Fling to coat and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small jar or bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, tamari, and brown erythritol. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large 10.5 ”cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat (approximately 350 ° F).
- Put the whey protein on a small plate. Working in batches so as not to clutter the pan, scoop each piece of meat through the protein and then drop it into the hot oil. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until crisp. Take out the meat from the oil with a large slotted spoon and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Evacuate all but 2 tbs. of the oil from the skillet. Pour in the sauce mixture and simmer. Once simmering, add the meat and green onions. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, broccoli rice, or keto fried rice.