Winner winner chicken dinner! The Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts are favorite in our house and loved by the whole family because of how crispy and flavorful it is. The kids like Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts with pasta.. It will give you a taste like you’re eating from a fine Italian restaurant.
The secret to the delicious “Italian” flavor and crispy crust is parmesan cheese. When melted in the pan, cheese sticks to the chicken which gives the chicken a beautiful golden and crispy crust.
What you will need for this
You will need just a few basic ingredients to get started.
- Parmesan cheese: Don’t use pre-grated dr parmesan since that type of parmesan will not work as well. So if you want a gorgeous golden crust you should use some freshly grated parmesan or the store-bought kind that is grated into little strips.
- Almond flour: With the help of almond flour, the chicken is coated and cover any missed spots the parmesan didn’t cover. You can also use this as a low carb alternative which is great if you are on the keto diet.
- Chicken breasts: Another cut of chicken won’t work for this as chicken breasts are flat and cook quickly. The chicken breasts should be sliced in half horizontally to make them thinner. This also helps the parmesan and almond flour stick to the chicken. Slice it into 3 slices if the chicken breast is super thick.
- Seasoning: You can also get really creative and make this recipe your own. Since this recipe has lots of parmesan cheese, so you should stick with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt & pepper. You might also use a dash of red chili flakes which is great too. Adding a teaspoon Cajun and taco will also work!
- Next step is to cook the chicken. It can be cooked in butter, olive oil or a mixture of both. You can also opt-in for your favorite type of oil for cooking.
- You might need a non-stick skillet as the chicken breasts are coated with parmesan, . If you skip this step then you will risk the chicken sticking to the pan.
- 1 pound chicken breasts 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or you can choose your favorite
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated almond flour or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup or panko breadcrumbs*
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter or you can choose your favorite
- Take a cutting board and lay the chicken breasts and cut in half horizontally. Calmly season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; Put it aside.
Take a bowl and mix the parmesan cheese and almond flour. Then whisk the eggs In another bowl, .
- First dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture then into the parmesan mixture. Excess breading should be shaken off. Repeat it till all the chicken cutlets are covered.
- Take a large NON-STICK heavy duty pan and heat oil or butter in it . In a single layer put chicken cutlets and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until it turns golden and crispy. Don’t flip until the parmesan is golden on the first side or it will slide off. Do same with remaining chicken cutlets.
Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 481mg |
Leave a Comment