There is no better meal than a warm bowl of soup in winters. We all want quick, easy, and delicious meals this winter and this Keto Creamy Taco Soup is at the top of the list. It’s made with cream cheese, ground beef, tomatoes, spices. Keto Creamy Taco Soup is topped with cilantro, cheese, fresh avocado, tomato, and lime. It’s filled with some spicy & delicious flavors and will keep you coming back for more.
This tasty recipe comes together in about 30 minutes all in one pot excluding cleanup or stress. It eliminates all the carbs so it’s perfect if someone is following the keto diet and will help you satisfy your taco cravings!
WHAT DO YOU PUT IN THIS SOUP?
It is made with just 8 ingredients which can easily be found in your fridge.
- Ground beef: Lean ground turkey or chicken can be used as a substitute.
- Onion: Onion flakes or onion powder can be used as a substitute.
- Garlic: can sub with We recommend fresh minced garlic but garlic powder can also be used.
- Bell pepper: It’s optional but adds lots of flavor to the soup.
- Rotel: It is a canned tomato and green chili mixture and can be used as a sub with freshly chopped tomato.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese helps raise the fat content for people following keto. (sub heavy cream or low-fat cream cheese).
- Taco Seasoning: a good homemade taco seasoning recipe.
- Beef Broth: Use low sodium beef broth so the taste can be adjusted. you can also sub with water.
HOW LONG DOES THIS SOUP LAST?
- It lasts 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. The taste gets even better the next day!
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS SOUP?
- Yes! It can be freeze but before adding the cream cheese because the fat in the cream cheese does not freeze well. So you can add the cream cheese when reheating the soup. You can also freeze for up to 6 months in an air-tight container.
HOW TO MAKE IT IN THE SLOW COOKER?
- Except for the cream cheese put all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Heat on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Just before serving, stir in a package of cream cheese.
HOW TO MAKE IT IN THE INSTANT POT?
- Sautee beef, garlic, and onion in the instant pot using the sautee function until it turns brown. Except for the cream cheese put all the remaining ingredients. Set the pressure manually on high for 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese and mix until it gets melted.
IS IT KETO-FRIENDLY?
- Of course! It has only 5 grams of carbs per serving!
- 1 lb of chicken or ground beef or turkey
- 1 tbsp. oil of choice
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced (optional)
- beef broth 1.5 cups 1 (14.5) oz. can
- 1 large tomato, chopped or 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream OR 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons homemade or 1 packet
- 1 small onion diced
- Put 1 tbsp. oil to a pot or Dutch oven, garlic, brown beef, onion, and onion over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes until the beef is browned.
- Put spices, Rotel diced tomatoes, bell pepper, cream cheese. Stir for 4-5 minutes until tomatoes are soft and cream cheese is mixed through.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and put in beef broth. Until desired thickness is achieved simmer 15-20 minutes.
- It will be lovely to serve in small soup bowls. Top with freshly sliced avocado, sour cream, jalapeno, shredded cheese, freshly minced cilantro, and a drizzle of lime.
- Dutch Oven
- Serving Bowls
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 437mg |
Leave a Comment