A Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup is just the thing you need! The perfect serving size for your whole family which is a pretty quick and easy meal. The tasty creamy roasted cauliflower soup is healthy and yummy. It’s not only low-carb but vegetarian friendly too!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 small red onions cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- bread croutons optional
- Heat the oven to 400 degree F. Set baking tray and parchment paper.
- Slice the cauliflower base and separate florets; Put them in the tray. Put the red onions to the same tray.
- Put the olive oil over the cauliflower including spices; salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and nutmeg. Cover them well.
- Put it in the oven and heat for 30-35 min until the cauliflower is perfectly roasted, flip it halfway through. Take a heavy bottom pot and heat it over medium heat; put the roasted cauliflower with the chicken broth. Let them cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Put them to a blender; puree the soup until it gets smooth and creamy looking. Put the butter in it and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the same pot and simmer for 2-3 minutes. If the soup is thick then put some more broth to make it a little thin.
- Spice up the soup with red chili flakes on top before serving and garnish with parsley, olive oil, and croutons on the side.