- (I used grass-fed) 1 pound 85 % lean ground beef
- (5 oz each after prepping) 4 medium green bell peppers
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped (2 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices Provolone cheese (4 oz)
- salt and pepper to season
- Take peppers and cut tops off and remove remaining seeds pith. Place in a (safe)microwave baking dish, cover with cling film and depending on your microwave, heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove film and pour out any accumulated water using tongs from the peppers.
- To 350 degrees F, preheat oven and to the middle position, place rack.
- Over medium heat, mean, while, heat a pan. Add oil when hot, and (to coat the pan)swirl. To coat in oil, stir in the mushrooms and for 2-3 minutes, let cook in a single layer. Add the onion and stir, cooking (2-3 minutes more)until they turn translucent and the mushrooms have cooked. From the pan, remove the mixture.
- To the pan, add the ground beef, breaking it up while cooking. Add the mushroom mixture back to the pan when cooked through and until it tastes good to you, season with enough salt.
- Add a generous amount of pepper.
- With salt and pepper, lightly season the peppers. In the bottom of each pepper, place One slice of cheese and among them, evenly divide the ground beef stuffing.
- Bake for Twenty minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and to melt and brown, pop under the broiler.
- With one pepper each, serves 4 as a meal. 7 net carbs each.
KETO PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED PEPPERS
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*