Keto pot pie is a delicious low-carb twist on the classic comfort food. It’s a creamy and savory dish that features a flaky crust and a filling of tender chicken and vegetables. Here’s a recipe for a keto-friendly pot pie that you can make at home, along with nutritional information and serving suggestions.
Keto Pot Pie Recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, celery, green beans, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt.
- Add the cold butter and mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the egg and mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie dish and trim the edges.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chicken, mixed vegetables, chicken broth, heavy cream, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the pot pie to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serving size: 1/6 of the pot pie
- Calories: 386
- Fat: 32g
- Protein: 18g
- Net Carbs: 7g
Leave a Comment