These are the perfect low carb appetizer! Enjoy soft Keto Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce for less than 5 net carbs!
This recipe is pretty picky. But we assure you that it’s worth it, though! Without the traditional ingredients, it’s tough to get that dense, soft inside and crispy outside.
Enjoy these and think of simpler times!
Tips for the Best Keto Pretzels
- Before you begin, measure out and prepare everything. The dough base is melted cheese so this is crucial. You will have a very hard time combining a smooth dough, if the cheese cools too much.
- Do not skip beating the egg white. This give the bites the correct texture and helps to provide lift.
- To get that slightly crisp texture and perfect golden brown color, liberally brush the bites with egg white.
- Don’t forget to add a topping! You can use sea salt, or another topping, but For the best flavor, you definitely want to add salt.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- (beaten until it triples in volume) 1 large egg white,
For the Topping
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- (good quality) 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Before you begin, you must work the dough while the cheese is hot, so it is time sensitive.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella in Thirty second increments until it gets completely melted. Stir until it gets smooth.
- Combine the baking powder, coconut flour and almond flour, in a 2nd bowl, stirring well.
- With the flour mixture, combine the melted cheese. Stir the dough and Into the cheese, work the flour as well as you can.
- Next, add the beaten egg and the whole egg, until a soft dough forms, stir the mixture. Then, until you are satisfied that the cheese, flour and egg is all worked in the dough together, using your hands knead the dough. You want it to be completely combined so make sure there are no streaks of eggs.
- Into two sections, separate the dough, roll into a long thin rope. Cut into small 1 inch pieces, by using a knife. ( 80 pretzel bites total)
- With the egg white, brush the bites and sprinkle the seasoning of choice on top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until it gets golden brown.
For the Cheese Sauce
- Over medium low heat, in a sauce pan(small) , melt the butter.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and the heavy cream when the butter has melted, stir until it gets warmed through and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 12.1g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.7g
Leave a Comment