Elevate your keto snacking game with these delicious and energizing Keto Protein Balls. Packed with high-quality protein and healthy fats, these bite-sized treats are perfect for a quick boost of energy or a post-workout snack. The combination of nuts, seeds, and a touch of sweetness makes these protein balls a satisfying and nutritious option for those following a ketogenic lifestyle. Whip up a batch of these delightful keto protein balls and keep them on hand for whenever you need a healthy and convenient snack.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, 1 protein ball):
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut butter (e.g., almond butter, peanut butter, or cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup low-carb sweetener (e.g., powdered erythritol or monk fruit sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons low-carb protein powder (e.g., whey protein isolate or plant-based protein powder)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any nut milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Unsweetened shredded coconut or crushed nuts for coating
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, nut butter, low-carb sweetener, cocoa powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and protein powder. Mix well to combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk and vanilla extract to the bowl. Stir until the mixture forms a thick and sticky dough.
- If the dough is too dry, add a splash of almond milk. If it’s too wet, add a bit more almond flour. Adjust the consistency as needed.
- Once the dough is well mixed, refrigerate it for 15-30 minutes to allow it to firm up slightly, making it easier to shape into balls.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and portion it into 12 equal-sized pieces.
- Roll each portion into a ball using your hands. If desired, you can coat the protein balls in unsweetened shredded coconut or crushed nuts for added texture and flavor.
- Place the keto protein balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set and firm up.
- Once chilled and firm, the protein balls are ready to be enjoyed. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Amount per serving.