KETO SAUTEED EGGPLANT. You’ll pair it with everything once you learn how to saute eggplant! This sauteed eggplant recipe just 20 minutes and takes is perfectly caramelized.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SAUTEED EGGPLANT RECIPE
The rich, savory, and sweet flavor
Caramelized edges with soft texture
Just FIVE basic ingredients
Ready in TWENTY minutes total
Easy to pair with lots of dishes
SAUTEED EGGPLANT INGREDIENTS
Eggplant – With smooth, shiny skin and no nicks, get a firm one. For the freshest flavor, cook it as soon as you can.
Garlic Powder – In this veggie, sauteed eggplant with garlic brings out natural flavors. You’ll want to add it later in the cooking process to avoid burning, but you could also use fresh minced garlic.
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
Olive Oil – You can also use any cooking oil you have on hand, but eggplant sauteed in olive oil (especially extra virgin) has so much flavor.
Store eggplant For 3-5 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
CAN COOKED EGGPLANT BE FROZEN?
Yes! Between layers of parchment in a freezer-safe bag or container, freeze cooked eggplant slices. In the freezer, it can store for up to a year. Before reheating, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Until it gets warmed through, heat eggplant in a 350-degree F oven. Sauteed eggplant is also delicious cold!
- (~1 lb, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds)1 medium Eggplant
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (more as needed)
- To make circles, slice the eggplant crosswise, about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick. Only after you are done slicing, cut off the leafy end, so that as you slice, you’ll have more to grab onto. Pat them dry if the slices are damp.
- With garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper, sprinkle the eggplant slices on both sides.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-low to medium heat, heat TWO tbsp. of olive oil. Add the eggplant slices working in batches in a single layer. Until soft, browned and caramelized on both sides, saute eggplant for 3-6 minutes per side. Adding about 1-2 tablespoons of oil per batch, repeat with the remaining eggplant slices.
Amount per serving.
Serving size in recipe notes above.