KETO FRIED PICKLES RECIPE. CRISPY and easy! Plus, just 5 simple ingredients, this gluten-free fried pickles recipe needs. Yum Yum!!
GLUTEN-FREE FRIED PICKLES FAQS
ARE FRIED PICKLES GLUTEN-FREE?
As they are breaded in a flour-based breading, traditional fried pickles are not gluten-free.
We’re making the fried pickle batter without flour in this recipe, so it’s a great gluten-free alternative.
ARE FRIED PICKLES KETO?
As they have a flour-based breading, most fried pickles are not keto.
We’re making the fried pickles with protein isolate powder and grated cheese in this version… so that you can enjoy crispy keto fried pickles, it’s the perfect keto alternative!
WITHOUT FLOUR, TOOLS TO MAKE FRIED PICKLES
Whey Protein Isolate – Because it has 0 net carbs and works well for this recipe, this is the brand I recommend. If you use a different one, results may vary.
Nonstick Skillet – To ensure your fried pickles don’t stick to the pan, use a nonstick skillet.
Serving Platter With Dip Section – That has a spot for the appetizer dipping sauce, serve up these low carb fried pickles in this serving platter.
- (drained)32 medium Dill pickle rounds
- 1/4 cup Whey protein isolate
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large Egg (beaten)
- 3-4 tbsp Avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Dry pickles on paper towels after draining the pickles. (To pickle zucchini or to brine chicken, save the pickle juice.)
- In a small bowl large enough to accommodate FIVE pickles, beat the egg.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese and protein powder together with a small whisk until it gets blended.
- To large skillet, heat a medium over medium heat. Add enough oil to generously cover the bottom of the pan, when hot. When a wooden spoon placed in the oil starts to bubble, the oil is ready.
- Procedure: In the egg wash, dip 5-6 pickles, coating completely. Place into the coating mixture to coat after shaking off any excess egg. To help flip the pickles, using a fork is helpful.
- Carefully into the hot oil, place the pickles and fry ONE minute or until it gets golden brown, flip.
- Meanwhile, place in the pan to cook after coating the next five pickles. Until all of the pickles have been cooked and coated continue. Drain on paper towels.
- With spicy dipping sauce, serve at room temperature.
Amount per serving.
Serving size in recipe notes above.