Keto Scalloped Portobello Mushrooms. With a hint of a garlic cream sauce, baked under a blanket of hot, bubbling melted cheese — you are going to love this recipe!
Super easy and deliciously seasoned… while these are baking is just crazy/insane, the smells coming out of your kitchen! The added pan juices, a bonus of creating a flavorful mushroom gravy just elevates this dish to another level.
Scalloped Portobello mushrooms
When the ingredients list is simple, the steps uncomplicated and the flavors explode in your mouth, you know you’re onto something good. That’s this recipe. F
How to Clean Portobello mushrooms
Over with a damp paper towel for a soft pastry brush, wipe each mushroom if needed to remove loose dirt and debris. Work one at a time.
Under cold water, lightly rinse and thoroughly pat dry with a paper towel.
As they will absorb water like a sponge and won’t brown during cooking, avoid soaking mushrooms.
After removing stems, slice into 1/2-inch (1-cm) slices.
In this recipe, there’s no need to remove the gills.
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
TOTAL: 45 MINS
SERVES: 6 PEOPLE
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Gruyere
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley,
- (or dried Italian mixed herbs)2 teaspoons Italian seasoning,
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- Salt, to season
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- (or 2 teaspoons minced garlic)2 cloves garlic minced
- To 400°F (200°C), preheat the oven. Toss together Mozzarella, Gruyere, Parmesan, parsley, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Put it aside.
- From Portobello mushrooms, remove stems and slice into 1/2-inch (1-cm) slices.
- In the bottom of a 2-quart (2-litre) baking dish, arrange one-third of the mushrooms. With one-third of the cheese mixture, sprinkle. Season with pepper and salt.
- Two more times, repeat layering.
- Mix together minced garlic and cream and over mushrooms, pour the mixture.
- Cover with foil and until mushrooms are tender, bake, (about THIRTY minutes). Remove foil and excess liquid, and carefully pour out from the bottom of the dish into a small pot. Put the pot aside.
- To the oven, return mushrooms and broil/grill (about 4-5 minutes)until it gets golden.
LIQUID GRAVY (OPTIONAL STEP)
- In the pot, over medium-high heat, bring mushroom pan juices to a simmer.
- With ONE tablespoon water, mix ONE teaspoon cornstarch and until it gets fully combined, whisk in the cornstarch mixture.
- While stirring until gravy has thickened, continue to simmer.
- Serve with mushrooms.
Calories: 145kcal |
Carbohydrates: 5g |
Protein: 11g |
Fat: 9g |
Saturated Fat: 6g |
Fiber: 2g |
Leave a Comment