Keto Shortbread Cookies. A perfect sweet treat to make for the holidays. Made with almond flour, these low-carb keto cookies are healthy, gluten-free and keto-friendly!
With a cup of keto hot chocolate, or dipped in melted dark chocolate for the ultimate keto dessert, enjoy them plain.
KETO SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE
A classic low-carb treat. They’re rich and delightfully crispy, perfectly sweet, and buttery.
I highly encourage you to start with this recipe for keto shortbread if you’ve never make keto cookies before. They’re some of the tastiest out there — and they’re some of the simplest keto cookies!
When I want something quick and easy that I can make with just a handful of ingredients, this is the keto dessert recipe I reach for. You can create a highly snackable treat that your whole family will love with just a bit of butter, almond flour, sweetener, and salt!
And, they are fancy enough to give as a homemade gift for the holidays if you choose to dip them in melted chocolate. Tied up with a pretty ribbon, imagine a stack of these cookies — pretty festive, right?
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional Chocolate Dip
- 1/2 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- Until it gets light and fluffy, cream together the sweetener and butter. Stir in the vanilla extract, almond flour, and salt.
- Into a disc, shape the dough, wrap well in plastic, and in the refrigerator, chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and with nonstick spray/parchment paper, prepare a cookie sheet.
- Between 1/4″ and 1/2″ thick, roll out dough. Cut into rectangles, and on the prepared baking sheet, place them.
- Until just golden brown around the edges, bake 10-12 minutes.
- Optional: Over a double boiler/in the microwave, melt chocolate chips. Into the chocolate, dip the cooled cookies, and to firm up, place on a parchemtn-lined cookie sheet.
Sweetener range: The less sweetener they need to feel satisfied, some people find that the longer they eat keto. Feel free to adjust it.
To dip cookies in chocolate: Partway into chocolate, dip each cookie, let excess drip off, and on a baking sheet lined with parchment, place it. Until chocolate is set, let the cookies stand, about ONE hour.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 10g
SATURATED FAT: 5g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 12g