Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup is a comforting and hearty dish that captures all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers while staying low in carbohydrates to fit your ketogenic diet. This soup combines ground beef, bell peppers, tomatoes, and a savory broth to create a satisfying meal that’s perfect for those chilly evenings. With its rich flavors and nourishing ingredients, it’s a keto-friendly way to enjoy the comforting taste of stuffed peppers in a warm bowl of soup. Let’s dive into the recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey for a leaner option)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (use a mix of red and green for color)
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce (look for one with no added sugar)
- 4 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil leaves
Please follow the provided guidelines.
The process of preparing ground beef for consumption through cooking.
- In a capacious vessel for preparing soup, such as a soup pot or Dutch oven, proceed to warm the olive oil on a medium heat setting. Incorporate the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook the onion until it reaches a transparent state through the process of sautéing.
- Place the ground beef into the pot, utilizing a spoon to disintegrate it into smaller pieces. Continue cooking the beef until it reaches a browned color and is devoid of any pink hues. If necessary, remove any surplus fat.
- The initial step in the soup preparation process involves the creation of the soup base.
- Incorporate the finely chopped bell peppers into the cooking vessel containing the previously prepared beef. Cook the peppers in a sauté pan for a little while, until they exhibit signs of softening.
- Add the diced tomatoes, along with their juice, tomato sauce, beef or vegetable broth, Italian spice, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Agitate in order to amalgamate all of the constituent elements.
The Process of Simmering Soup:
- Heat the soup until it reaches its boiling point, and then, decrease the temperature to a lower setting. Place a lid on the pot and allow the mixture to boil for around 20 to 25 minutes. This will facilitate the blending of flavors and the softening of the bell peppers.
- Evaluate the flavor profile of the soup by sampling it and make necessary modifications to the seasoning, using additional quantities of salt and pepper if deemed appropriate.
The act of providing a service or performing a duty.
- Transfer the Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup into individual serving bowls. If preferred, one may choose to enhance each portion by adding grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves, so augmenting the taste and providing an attractive garnish.