Keto Lemon Sour Cream Pie is a zesty and creamy dessert that brings all the tangy goodness of a classic lemon pie while keeping the carb count low to fit your ketogenic diet. This pie is rich, satisfying, and wonderfully refreshing, making it a perfect treat for those who love citrusy flavors and are looking to enjoy a keto-friendly dessert. With its smooth lemony filling and almond flour crust, it’s a delightful indulgence without the guilt. Let’s dive into the recipe for Keto Lemon Sour Cream Pie.
Recipe: Keto Lemon Sour Cream Pie
For the Almond Flour Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- A pinch of salt
For the Lemon Filling:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparing the Almond Flour Pie Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, granulated erythritol (or your chosen keto-friendly sweetener), melted unsalted butter, and a pinch of salt. Mix until the ingredients come together to form a dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish to create the crust.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until it’s golden brown. Remove it from the oven and let it cool while you prepare the filling.
Making the Lemon Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated erythritol (or your chosen keto-friendly sweetener) until well combined.
- Add the full-fat sour cream, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and salt to the egg mixture. Whisk until the filling is smooth and well incorporated.
Assembling and Baking:
- Pour the lemon filling into the pre-baked almond flour pie crust.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set and has a slight jiggle in the center.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to allow it to fully set.
(recipe makes about 8 servings):
- Calories: 318
- Total Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 7g