Keto Stuffed Poblano Peppers. A healthy, lunch, low-carb dinner, or meal prep recipe, that has fun, bold, and delicious flavors! With seasoned ground beef, red peppers, zucchini, and chopped cilantro or parsley, these Poblano peppers are stuffed and topped with a layer of melted cheddar cheese and a side of Avocado Crema! For those on the go, it’s perfect for quick and effortless weeknight dinners or lunches!
Here are the main reasons I love this:
Quick, easy, and flavourful ketogenic/low carb recipe
Perfect for a delicious make-ahead lunch/meal prep lunch/dinner recipe
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 16 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
COURSE Low Carb & Keto,
SERVINGS 5 servings
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 5 Poblano Peppers halved(seeds removed)
- 1 tbsp Olive or Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ONE tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Zucchini diced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cups Tex-Mex Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 large Avocado
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream or Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F), line a baking sheet with parchment paper/silicone mat, and put it aside.
- Dice shred cheese, zucchini, chopped cilantro, and red bell peppers; put them aside.
- Halve and de-seed the poblano peppers if you prefer roasted peppers. Drizzle with olive oil, season with a pinch of pepper and salt and add to the prepared baking sheet; bake for TEN minutes. Skip this step if you prefer your peppers with a slight crunch.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add freshly ground black pepper, chili powder, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, smoked paprika, and ground beef once heated, and cook for around 7-10 minutes, until it gets browned. As it cooks, be sure to break apart/crumble the beef and if necessary, drain the excess fat. Remove from heat.
- To ground beef, add cilantro, zucchini, red bell peppers, and cheese, and mix until it gets well combined.
- Into poblano peppers, stuff ground beef mixture, then top with cheese. Until cheese is melted and heated through, bake for TEN minutes.
- From the oven, remove peppers, and top with dollops of avocado crema, and more cheese.
- Combine sour cream and avocado using a food processor. Until smooth and creamy, mix on medium-high speed, and put it aside.
Serving Size: 1 pizza stuffed pepper
Leave a Comment