Indulge in the vibrant and satisfying flavors of a classic taco in a wholesome and low-carb way with Keto Taco Salad With Ground Beef. This recipe takes the essence of a traditional taco and transforms it into a hearty and delicious salad that’s perfect for a satisfying meal. Packed with seasoned ground beef, fresh vegetables, creamy avocado, and zesty dressing, this Keto Taco Salad offers a perfect balance of flavors and textures. Whether you’re following a ketogenic diet or simply seeking a flavorful and nourishing dish, this recipe is a fantastic option that lets you enjoy the essence of tacos while staying true to your low-carb goals.
Keto Taco Salad With Ground Beef:
For the Taco Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (lettuce, spinach, etc.)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (assorted colors)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (optional, for topping)
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together all the taco seasoning ingredients until well combined.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it apart with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the browned beef. Stir well to coat the beef with the seasoning. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the beef is fully cooked and flavorful. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, and diced bell peppers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad mixture and toss until everything is well coated.
- Divide the dressed salad among serving plates or bowls.
- Top each serving with the seasoned ground beef, diced avocado, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Optionally, add a dollop of sour cream on top for extra creaminess.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, based on 4 servings):
- Calories: ~450
- Total Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 25g