Actually a dish that we eat for any meal of the day, KETO TEX MEX BREAKFAST SKILLET are so easy and have protein, starch, veggies and healthy fat all in one pan. One of our favorites, this Tex Mex breakfast skillet has so much flavor.
Make sure that you check the label on your bacon and ham to keep this dish Whole 30 compliant. Applegate and Natural Ranchers have some, it is a lot easier to find compliant bacon these days. You can also use a compliant sausage if you can’t find ham that you like.
By using the meat and veggies, make this dish your own that you have in the fridge and pantry. You could use sausage, kale, squash etc. When I am trying to clean out the fridge before I go grocery shopping, I love to make a dish like this.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
TOTAL TIME 40 mins
SERVINGS 4 servings
CALORIES 436 kcal
- ▢4 strips bacon
- ▢1 cup Ham cubed
- ▢One large Sweet Potato peeled and cubed
- ▢1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- ▢½ cup red onion diced
- ▢½ Jalapeno seeded and diced
- ▢1 tsp salt
- ▢1 tsp Chili Powder
- ▢½ tsp Cumin
- ▢½ tsp Paprika
- ▢2 Tbls Broth or water
- ▢2 cups Fresh Spinach
- ▢4 large eggs
- ▢1 Avocado sliced for topping
- ▢2 Tbls Cilantro chopped for topping
- ▢1 Tbls Green Onions chopped for topping
- Over medium heat, heat a large skillet and cook the bacon until done and remove from pan.
- Remove all(but ONE Tbls of the bacon fat) and add in the cubed ham. (about 3-5 minutes),cook until it gets slightly caramelized and then remove from pan.
- Add in the seasonings, onion, jalapeno, bell pepper and sweet potato and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth and to continue cooking the sweet potatoes, cover (5-7 minutes) and then stir in the spinach, make FOUR wells in the mixture and crack an egg in each well.
- Until eggs are cooked to desired consistency, cook for another 5-7 minutes covered.
- Top with cilantro, avocado and green onions. To make a sauce for the top, I also mixed a little hot sauce and mayo.
Leave a Comment