KETO SESAME GINGER CHICKEN BOWL. When I make a dish like this one, it makes me want to do meal prep more. No one like eating the same boring soggy vegetables over and over again. To do it up right, these sesame ginger chicken meal prep bowls show you how!
For this recipe, I used Primal Kitchen Sesame Ginger dressing/marinade(because it’s amazing) but you can make your own marinade at home too.
TO MAKE YOUR OWN MARINADE:
Combine ¼ cup Sesame Oil
2 Tbls grated ginger
1 Tbls grated garlic,
Juice of ½ an orange
2 Tbls Coconut Aminos in a bowl
We live in an apartment so my favorite way to cook meat is in my cast iron skillet but you can grill the chicken. Because it retains heat so well, it still gives you that caramelized flavor. You can cook the cauliflower rice in the same pan when you take out the chicken to use up all those delicious flavors. By using brown or white rice, you can also switch it up.
SERVINGS 4 Bowls
CALORIES 420 kcal
- ▢2 Tbls Avocado Oil
- ▢4 Chicken Thighs Boneless, Skinless
- ▢½ tsp Pepper
- ▢1 tsp salt
- ▢¼ cup Onion diced
- ▢1 clove garlic minced
- ▢2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- ▢2 Carrots peeled and cut into sticks
- ▢1 cup Snow Peas
- ▢½ cup Primal Kitchen Marinade Sesame Ginger
- ▢1 Orange
- ▢2 Green Onions sliced
- ▢2 Tbls Sesame Seeds
- In the refrigerator, let the chicken marinate for at least THIRTY minutes before cooking. (Add the juice of half an orange if using Primal Kitchen)
- Over medium/high heat, heat your skillet and add avocado oil. Take chicken out of the marinade, pat dry and with salt and pepper, season both sides. Until completely cooked through, cook chicken for 7-10 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan and put it aside to rest. Turn the heat to medium/low, if needed, add a little more oil and then for two minutes, cook the onion and garlic.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and for an additional 3-5 minutes, cook. With salt and pepper, season to taste. Remove from heat.
- Put in cooled cauliflower rice in first to assemble the bowls and top with green onions. Then sliced chicken, top with sesame seeds. Then snow peas and carrot sticks. On top, add a slice of orange.
- Before storing in the fridge, make sure bowls are cooled completely.
KETO SESAME GINGER CHICKEN BOWL