KETO ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. It’s so fudgy, so moist and incredibly rich and delicious. When it’s cold or warmed up, it’s good! When you can have this instead, who needs carb-filled Chocolate Cakes?
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Yield: 10
- 1 1/2 cups Full-fat Sour Cream
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (add 1/4 cup at a time and taste it! if you want it sweeter)
- 3/4 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened, room temp)
- 1 1/2 tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1–2 tbsp Vanilla (Trader Joe’s Bourbon Vanilla)
- 2 Eggs (room temp)
- 1–2 pkgs Instant Coffee (French Roast/decaf)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups of Powdered Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- TWO tbsp Half & Half/Heavy Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a bowl(large) and by using a hand mixer, cream the butter, vanilla, and Lakanto Sweetener together until it gets smooth. Beat well.
- To the mixture, add the eggs one by one. Beat until it gets smooth.
- Until there are hardly any more lumps, add the Sour Cream and mix.
- Take another bowl and sift the Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder, Instant Coffee, Salt, and Almond Flour. Mix well.
- To the wet mixture, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour into (2) non-stick (6″ inch)cake pans and bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out(almost clean). Don’t over bake.
- Before frosting (and devouring ???? ) let it cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional):
- With a hand mixer, mix all ingredients together until it gets smooth and there are no visible lumps.
(depending on the size)This should make 12-20 Cupcakes. The bake time should only be between 20-25 minutes(If you’re using cupcake liners or mini-bundt molds). If you’re going to use smaller molds, please check after TWENTY FIVE minutes and add TWO minutes at a time.
Serving Size: 1
Saturated Fat: 13.2
Trans Fat: 0