Eggs and bacon are both delicious and simple keto breakfast alternatives, but occasionally you want something that is easier to “grab and go.” One of the first applications I discovered for my low-carb waffle recipe was this Keto Waffle Breakfast Sandwich. It’s really easy to make, adaptable, and quick to prepare. Not to mention how very cute it is!
But the fact that you can prepare some or all of this keto waffle breakfast sandwich in advance and eat it on the move is one of my favorite aspects of it. I usually stick to traditional pairings like cheese and bacon or sausage. Additionally, you may change things up with various meat or vegetable fillings, including ham or avocado. A yummy keto sanwich.
How else could you improve your keto breakfast sandwich skills? Butter, low-carb jam, or sugar-free syrup are examples of condiments.
American Breakfast Cuisine Course Sandwich Prep Time
Time to Cook: 5 minutes
12 minutes in total
Mini waffle maker by Dash
a coconut oil mist
Mini keto waffles
- 1 ounce (28g) of softened cream cheese
- One big egg
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon maple or vanilla extract
- 1-tablespoon coconut flour
- ONE teaspoon flax meal
- 12 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Lakanto Classic granules or sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon of heavy cream optional seasonings of salt and pepper
Filling (select one or more) (choose one or more)
- meat (bacon, sausage, ham, etc) (bacon, sausage, ham, etc.) cooked vegetables (tomato,
- avocado, and so on) condiments (sugar free jam, syrup, nut butter, etc.)
Breakfast Sandwich Prep with Keto Waffle
- All waffle components should be thoroughly combined and thoroughly blended before proceeding.
- Whisk the ingredients for the egg separately.
- Spray coconut oil into the hot tiny waffle machine, if preferred.
Creating the Keto Waffles
- Waffle iron should be heated up before adding half of the batter. Heat 2-3 minutes.
- Repetition is required for the remaining waffle batter.
- Keto waffles are set aside.
Make the egg.
- Waffle iron should be filled with the egg mixture, which should be cooked through and gently browned.
Put together a keto breakfast sandwich.
- Make your breakfast sandwich by putting the egg, cheese, and any desired ingredients on the waffles while the egg is still warm. Serve right away.
- For this keto breakfast sandwich, you can quickly fry an egg on the stovetop or in the waffle maker itself if you’d like.
- This low carb waffle breakfast sandwich’s waffles (and contents) can be prepared in advance for an earlier start each morning. Even the night before, prepare everything!
- This recipe was created specifically for the miniature waffle maker I own, but it should also function with larger, “sectioned” waffle makers. Simply designate a “segment” for every component.
- The egg can leak if you add it too much or too quickly, so use caution when adding it.
From there, you can alter them as you see fit. Maybe some cinnamon and swerve will make them sweeter? To make them flavorful, add parmesan and garlic powder. This recipe is flexible and can be spiced whatever you choose.
Of course, you can eat them like regular waffles with some sugar-free syrup, but they also make a great alternative to bread for sandwiches. McDonald’s anyone?
Traditional “chaffles” are made only with cheese and eggs, but adding a little almond flour makes them SO MUCH BETTER. These keto waffles have a bread-like feel thanks to the almond flour, which is well appreciated while following a low-carb diet.
Simply mix the egg and almond flour thoroughly before adding the cheese shreds. Now prepare on a tiny waffle iron that has been preheated as you would any regular waffle.
Before adding the egg and cheese mixture, I always add a little cheese to the waffle maker. I then sprinkle a little more cheese on top and close the lid to make the waffles extra crispy.
I feel like this keto dish is absolute magic! They have a waffle-like appearance and flavour. The egg enables them to slightly puff up, and the cheese gives them that lovely crunch.
This recipe yields two nice-sized waffles, so I’ve found that a small waffle iron works best, but they may also be made in a regular-sized waffle iron. This recipe, however, will only fill it up to approximately halfway.
Our favorite snacks from the store!
Recently, Birch Benders’ keto toaster waffles have topped the list, and I’ll explain why. We’ve been working hard on the Sunday morning spread, which includes toasting up a box or two of the waffles, since my brother recently arrived to Atlanta from Philadelphia and has been residing with us for the past three weeks (and now visits on the weekends).
Because Matt prefers pancakes and I like waffles, we frequently use their pancake mix. Other popular prepackaged snacks include:
Keto Bars (excellent components and delicious!)
Chips Quest (great chip replacement and very low carb)
Bars of marigold
Foods Are Allowed On The Keto Diet For Breakfast?
We’ve got you covered with this one keto breakfast sandwich recipe, which offers a variety of possibilities. To keep things straightforward, prepare a few keto toaster waffles and top them with butter and low-carb maple syrup.
If you have a favorite low-carb protein powder on hand, you can also create the homemade protein waffles we demonstrate in the video and in the recipe below, and serve them with some scrambled eggs on the side.
Alternately, you could cook some keto breakfast sandwiches (always make 2) and stick to a low-carb diet while still feeling full all day.
You can find some ideas in that section of our food blog if you’re seeking for more breakfast meals.
How to Decorate Your Keto Waffles
Waffles hold a special place in my heart because when my family and I would go to Blue Fountain Dinner, we always had a huge stack of waffles and never failed to cover them in butter and syrup.
Calories: 335kcal |
Carbohydrates: 7g |
Protein: 16g |
Fat: 28g |