Keto Warm Crab & Cheese Dip. Today you are in for a treat because this delicious dish is going to blow your mind. For some reason, I was craving crab, so I picked up a can of real crab meat, the one grocery trip I made during this entire month (for this recipe, do NOT use imitation crab!).
- 97 calories
- 21 grams of protein
- Less than 1 gram of fat
- 0 grams of carbohydrates
- 0 grams of fiber
- 0 grams of sugar
Potential Health Benefits of Crab
Which is important for building and maintaining muscle, crab is packed with protein. Crab also contains high levels of selenium, vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids. In improving general health, these nutrients play vital roles while helping prevent a variety of chronic conditions.
It can help:
Improve heart health. Related to heart health, the omega-3 fatty acids in crab provide many benefits. These important nutrients may reduce blood clotting, help lower triglycerides, and make it less likely that you’ll develop an irregular heartbeat.
Prevent anemia. Including vitamin B12 and folate, many of the nutrients found in crab, help reduce the risk of vitamin deficiency anemia. People may experience fatigue or weakness as a result as with vitamin deficiency anemia do not have enough healthy red blood cells .
Keep your brain strong. Research suggests at least once per week, that people who eat seafood, have a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia such as crab. From the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids found in seafood products, this protection may stem.
Here’s how it’s done
Keto warm Crab & cheese dip
- -about a cup of crab meat
- -about 4oz of softened cream cheese
- -a heavy dollop of sour cream and mayo
- -(from traderjoes) all purpose seasoning
- -(about 1/4 cup)chopped up green onion,
- -punch of salt & peps
- -about a cup of cheddar cheese
- -some splashes of chipotle tobasco
- -(keto-friendly)use your favorite chip to dip!
- Mixed it up and with more cheese, topped it. I cooked it in my AIR FRYER using a crème brûlée dish, for FIFTEEN minutes at 350° and it is perfect.
- Have you ever had crab and cheese dip? Next time, I would love to throw some artichoke hearts in! Tag yo crab-lovin’ fraaaands and save this recipe.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
4.1g Total Carbs
0.9g Net Carbs
Leave a Comment