Don’t let anything sweet to put you of track your low carb diet. These Low Carb Chocolate Eclairs are so perfectly delicious and nutritious to keep you on track!
- 3 Eggs – room temperature
- (1/2 cup + 1/8 cup) 2 1/2 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 oz. Whippng Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Layer
- 6 squares 90% dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 355F.
- Into two bowls, separate Eggs.
- To the Yolks, add the Cream Cheese – mix until it gets lump free and smooth.
- To the white, add the Cream of Tartar and salt and beat until it gets stiff.
- Into the whites, gently fold the Yolk mix. You want to keep all the light fluffy air, so be very gentle and fold the mix over, – Do not beat!!!
- Spoon gently into greased muffin pans (twenty four -thirty) – Prefer ones with the rounded bottoms. If some of the mix near the end is a bit runnier, don’t panic – use it anyway.
- Into the oven for fifteen mins, get them straight.
- For another fifteen mins, turn oven down to 300F.
- Take it out from pan (prefer running a teaspoon around and under) then to cool, flip upside down.
- Beat all together until can hold its shape, creamy and smooth.
- Into a piping bag fitted with the longest nozzle you have, spoon gently.
- In the side of each puff, make a small slit, insert piping nozzle well in, until you feel the puffs round out a bit, squeeze bag gently.
- Place upside down so the perfect shaped bottoms become the tops.
- By your preferred method, melt and dribble over the Puffs
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 1g