The steps for how to make Best Keto Low Carb Carrot Cake which is also sugar-free are surprisingly easy. So delicious and moist, no one will guess it’s sugar-free and gluten-free.
Even if they aren’t low carb, it’s good enough to share with the whole family. Try it for birthday coming up, Passover, Mother’s Day, or Easter!
You may be wondering how there could possibly be a keto carrot cake, for those that are on keto. It’s true that carrots has more carbohydrates than many other vegetables.
- 3/4 cup Besti Erythritol
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Blackstrap molasses (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Pineapple extract (optional)
- 4 large Eggs (preferably at room temp)
- Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour 2 1/2 cup
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 2 1/2 cup Carrots (grated)
- (chopped; divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup) 1 1/2 cup Pecans
Sugar-free cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. With parchment paper, line two 9 in. round cake pans. (if you have them, use spring form pans.) Grease the sides and bottom.
- Take a bowl and cream together the erythritol and butter, until it gets fluffy. (if using) Beat in the molasses, vanilla extract, and (if using) pineapple extract. Beat in the eggs,1 at a time. Put it aside.
- Take another bowl and mix together the sea salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and almond flour.
- Into the bowl, stir the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the grated carrots. Reserving the remaining 1/2 cup, fold 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Among the two prepared baking pans, transfer the batter evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until there is a springy top.
- For ten minutes, let the cakes cool in the pans, then to cool completely, transfer to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the sugar-free frosting.
- Place the bottom layer on a plate, when the cake has cooled to room temperature. Frost, put top layer and frost again. Top with the remaining chopped pecans.
Amount per serving.
Leave a Comment