6 ingredients + 25 minutes! This makes an irresistible low carb appetizer, meal, or snack. LOW CARB KETO SAUSAGE BALLS
With spring almost over and summer is just about to start, I find myself making easy low carb snacks that are convenient to grab-and-go and I can make quickly. It’s so soft and fluffy and even the kids are going to love it. They require minimal effort, and this easy is simply irresistible.
I find myself making easy low carb snacks that are convenient to grab-and-go and I can make quickly and that is where these delicious keto sausage balls with cream cheese fit in perfectly! They require minimal effort(this easy recipe is simply irresistible).
Before I had really started eating keto, years ago, I would hear people talk about sausage cheese balls, but what was so great about them, I didn’t understand. Then I tasted these little balls of food heaven one day, and it all made sense.
Unfortunately, many sausage ball recipes use boxed baking mix(that’s full of carbs and processed ingredients). No, thanks! With almond flour instead, I made mine, and you seriously can’t tell the difference. With a slight tender crumb, they’re rich and smoky… perfection.
Cream cheese sausage balls are super versatile is the best part about it. From the fridge or freezer, they make a simple snack you can heat up, but for lunch or even with hard boiled eggs for breakfast, I’ve even been known to have them.
The thing which make the best appetizers is cream cheese sausage balls, which is probably the most common way to serve them. See this is what I meant about versatile.
So, now is the time if you’ve never tried a low carb sausage ball!
- 2 cups Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Two tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 lb Ground pork sausage
- (at room temperature, cut into small chunks) 8 oz Cream cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced; optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet(baking) with foil and grease well.
- Take a bowl(large) and stir together the baking powder, shredded cheddar, Italian seasoning, and almond flour.
- Add the minced garlic, cream cheese, and sausage.. Mix until it gets just combined. Do not over-mix.
- To form One inch balls, use a small cookie scoop and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for Eight minutes, then in place to reduce sticking, twist the balls. Until it gets just barely cooked through, bake for another 7-8 minutes.
- Under the broiler, place the pan for another Two mins to brown more.