This is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner! This Pollo Con Queso (low carb + keto) recipe is ready in Twenty minutes and is simple to meal prep!
Chopping the skinless, boneless chicken into small pieces so it cooks quickly, then we make the delicious, cheesy sauce in the same pan. Just one pan to clean and ready in no time makes it the perfect meal after a busy weeknight!
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- (cut into bite sized cubes) 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast,
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles
- (more for thinning if needed) 1/4 cup heavy cream .
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup white American Cheese
- Take a bowl(small) and combine all of the spices in it and put it aside.
- In a skillet(large), heat the olive oil to medium heat.
- To the hot skillet, add the cubed chicken and sprinkle with the spices. Evenly on all sides, toss to coat the chicken. On each side, brown the chicken 3-4 minutes until it gets cooked through.
- Take it out from the skillet and put it aside.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, green chiles, add the (about 1/2 cup at a time)shredded cheese in small increments. As the cheese melts, continuously stir the queso until all the cheese has been used. Until it reaches your preferred consistency, add additional heavy cream or milk.
- To the skillet, add the chicken and toss in the queso.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 13.1g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.8g