You are going to love these Sausage eggs and Cheese Keto Copycat McGriddle! You have been asking for this recipe and it’s here!
I loved McGriddles, before starting the keto diet. All in one delicious breakfast, they were my carb and sugar fix. I lived on sugar, I lived on carbs. Both were my “jam”. But not anymore. I cut everything out when I started my keto journey, that was bad for me and searched for substitutes that fit within my new lifestyle.
I have been on this way of eating for a little over 3 years and I’m not looking back, but for some of my past favorite meals, I am always looking for substitute ideas. And today, I have found a way to enjoy McGriddles again after years of trying to find a substitute that fits the keto diet!
I am in love with breakfast again!
You can easily make them with bacon, egg, and cheese, or even chicken but I’ve made these with sausage, egg, and cheese! Yes, a chicken mcgriddle recipe(is totally a thing!)
Do McGriddles have syrup in them?
We infused the sweetness from the sukrin gold (brown) and keto-friendly maple syrup right into it when preparing the chaffle pancake/waffle batter. Without it dripping all the place as you eat them, THis gives the breakfast sandwich a sweet syrup taste.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Absolutely! Especially if you are on the go, prepping meals ahead is always a good idea. It’s always a must to have a healthy grab-and-go option readily available!
SERVINGS 2 servings
EQUIPMENT Dash Mini Waffle Maker
Wax Paper Sandwich Bags
Copycat McGriddle Chaffle Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ONE tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1-ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon sukrin gold brown
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (keto-friendly)maple syrup
- breakfast sausage patties
- eggs scrambled
- cheddar cheese shredded
- Other Protein Options
- bacon slices
- keto fried chicken strips
- In a small bowl, mix all copycat mcgriddle chaffless ingredients together.
- Into a small waffle iron, place 1/4 of the mixture and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Until it gets brown, cook breakfast sausage patty.
- Scramble and cook eggs.
- Place breakfast sausage patty(cook until brown), egg( scramble and cook), and cheese.
- In your pan, place the cooked egg on the cooked sausage, and to the top, add cheese.
- Until the cheese melts, cook covered on low.
- Then between the chaffless, place.
- Serve and enjoy!