These Zucchini Keto Sliders are a keto-friendly alternative to regular sliders and while still staying on track with your low-carb lifestyle it will provide you with the satisfying experience of eating your favorite food!
Perfect for a nice summertime barbecue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze these?
The zucchini does not hold up well to freezing so no, unfortunately.
How to reheat?
On a baking sheet, reheat the burgers and zucchini separately in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until it gets warm.
Can I use different kinds of cheese?
Yes you can but we prefer American Cheese(the best for melting and gooey deliciousness).
Course: Main Course
Keyword: keto zucchini sliders, keto burgers, keto sliders,
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
let zucchini sit with salt: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 sliders
- 2 large zucchini
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 slices American cheese, halved
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, optional
- After washing the zucchinis, keep the skin on. Into ½ – inch rounds, slice the zucchinis.
On both sides of the zucchini rounds, sprinkle salt. To extracts excess water from the zucchini, let sit for FIFTEEN minutes. Once the 15 minutes is up, To blot excess water from the zucchini rounds, use a paper towel.
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, drizzle the oil into the pan once pan is warm. Add the zucchini rounds and until golden brown, saute about TWO minutes, then flip and another 1-2 minutes, saute the other side of zucchini, until it gets golden brown.
- Until all the zucchini rounds have been cooked through, repeat. While making the sliders, set them aside. To retain heat, keep covered with aluminum foil or keep in the oven until the sliders are cooked through at a temperature of 175°F.
- Combine the ground beef, salt, black pepper. garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl.
2-ounces each, form EIGHT sliders.
- Over medium-high heat in large skillet, ( when adding the sliders, be sure skillet is hot).
- Depending on your preference of doneness, fry about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once cooked through, to each slider, add American cheese. On the slider, let the cheese melt.
- To assist the cheese to melt, cover the skillet with a lid.
- Place each slider on one cooked zucchini round once cheese is melted remove. Until all sliders are cooked through, repeat.
- Such as lettuce, tomato, pickles, add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Saturated Fat: 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 264IU
Vitamin C: 14mg