Packed with a flavor that’s a low-carb delight. Easy Keto Cheesy Sausage Egg Casserole is a perfect breakfast casserole
To bring amazing flavor which makes a hearty breakfast, crumbled breakfast sausage combined with ooey-gooey cheesy goodness from cheddar cheese, broccoli, and red peppers for a veggie combo.
Why you’ll love this recipe
This is your recipe, whether you want an egg dish that can be made ahead and used throughout the week or are having everyone in for a holiday brunch!
Made without potatoes so it’s a great keto breakfast casserole.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I swap out any of the ingredients?
Follow the recipe exactly/sub out any veggies!
How far in advance can I make this?
Until you are ready to reheat it, you can make the recipe a day ahead and keep it in the fridge. For about TEN minutes, reheat at 350F.
What cheese is best to make this?
We prefer Cheddar. Gruyere, Swiss, Mozzarella, and Colby Jack cheese all work!
How long can this sit out on the buffet table?
For about one to two hours.
Course: Breakfast, Brunch
Keyword: sausage egg casserole no bread, keto breakfast casserole, sausage egg casserole,
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
- 9×13 inch casserole dish
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- Cutting Board
- (removed from casing) 1 pound breakfast sausage,
- (peeled and diced) 1 medium shallot,
- (seeded and diced) 1 large red pepper,
- (semi defrosted and chopped) 2 cups broccoli florets,
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 large eggs
- ⅓ cup 2% milk(whole milk can be used)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- non-stick baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. With non-stick spray, spray a baking pan(9″ x 13″)/casserole dish. Put it aside.
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan, with non-stick spray, spray saucepan.
- For about FIVE minutes, saute breakfast sausage, until meat mostly brown and almost all the pink is gone.
- Add in diced shallot, red pepper, and broccoli to the pan for about 6-7 more minutes until the veggies are soft, sausage is brown.
- Drain and discard the extra grease(if there is excess grease).
- To the prepared casserole dish, add the sausage/ veggie mixture.
- Over the sausage mixture, sprinkle the shredded cheese. Put it aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, basil, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Into the casserole dish, pour egg mixture over the cooked sausage and cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. For 25 -30 minutes, bake in the preheated oven. The casserole will be almost cooked through.
- Remove foil. Until the casserole is cooked through, let bake another FIVE minutes. The center of egg casserole will not be soft/jiggle.
- Take out from oven, slice, and serve.
Saturated Fat: 7g
Vitamin A: 1240IU
Vitamin C: 47.1mg