Almond Keto Fat Bombs. Similar to anything you’ll find online, this is a classic energy ball recipe. Since that will add too many carbs for a keto version, the main difference is Unlike other energy balls, these won’t have dried fruit or maple syrup, or honey. To have dried fruit and sweetener like maple syrup, you can adapt this. You’re in for a treat today because it is super delicious.
When it comes to macronutrients, the keto diet is straightforward.
The dessert doesn’t have many carbohydrates, pretty much anything goes provided (no sugar, no starch, etc).
Erythritol is a good choice. It’s a sugar alcohol but unlike sorbitol for example, it’s well-tolerated. Does erythritol have carbs? No, for this kind of recipe, it’s a good sugar substitute. Is erythritol safe? Absolutely!
Chocolate on keto?
In short, yes. Since it’s naturally low in sugar, provided you are using as dark of chocolate as possible.
To enhance the flavor, prepared chocolate foods have sugar added. 3 grams of net carbs for one ounce (28 grams) of unsweetened chocolate (100% cocoa). Contains up to 10 g of net carbs, the same serving of 70–85% dark chocolate. Mix in some raw cacao powder to taste if you’re looking for a chocolate fix. Simply divine.
Course Appetizer, Snack
Prep Time 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups raw nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- (a must for me to add low sugar chocolate punch) 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup nut/seed butter your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- (use the real stuff, it’s worth it) 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp collagen hydrolysate (Great Lakes brand, mixes really well)
- To a food processor, add the nuts and pulse until it gets finely chopped. You don’t want nut butter so don’t over-process.
- To the food processor bowl, add the remaining ingredients and blend until a thick paste or “batter” has formed. The dough should definitely be sticky.
- Into 24 balls, roll the mixture; less if you want a bigger product. In the refrigerator, store in a sealed container. You can also freeze and use it as needed. You can store them in the freezer as they thaw quickly to preserve the flavor and nutrition, and take them out as needed.