I had such strong cravings for a bowl of rigatoni, but I restrained myself and stuck to the protein and salad. There was an appetizer on the specials menu that everyone gushed over. peppers with stuffing When I looked at the ingredients, I was thrilled to see that I could eat it guilt-free, which I promptly did (in about five seconds). They truly possessed magic. While we were eating, I made notes and promised myself that when we got home, I would prepare my own Banana Peppers Keto.
What is Banana Peppers Keto?
Grain-free, easy to prepare, and flavorful are these Sweet Sausage Keto Stuffed Banana Peppers. This is certain to become a favorite because it is filled with sautéed buttery onions, sausage that has been seasoned with herbs de Provence, marinara, and hot, bubbling mozzarella. This is the recipe!
Sweet sausage with Banana Pepper Stuffed with Keto
- Banana peppers, four (ends chopped off and sliced down the middle to make a boat.)
- delicious sausage, 1 lb.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Herbs de Provence, 1/2 teaspoon
- 3 tbsp. marinara sauce with chopped yellow onions
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Olive oil should be applied to the banana peppers before baking for 20 minutes.
- Sausage should be cooked to crumbles over medium heat.
- Once cooked, incorporate onions, ghee, and herbs de Provence.
- Cook for five minutes on low heat.
- Remove banana peppers from the oven and increase the broiler temperature to 500.
- Put sausage mixture inside banana peppers.
- Add mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cook the filled peppers for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the mozzarella is heated and bubbling, on an oven-safe platter.
Banana peppers filled with cheese and cream make a tasty starter or side dish. Depending on your desire, they can be cooked with either sweet or hot banana peppers and stuffed with a three-cheese mixture.
I’ve spent my entire life eating stuffed banana peppers. We always had them in the summer because they are a common garden pepper in our neighbourhood. Stuffed banana peppers are also frequently served at pizzerias, Italian restaurants, pubs/bars, and other establishments in the western New York region. These typically contain beef stuffing and have an Italian flavour characteristic.
The (Un)Stuffed Banana Pepper Soup and this (Un)Stuffed Banana Pepper Macaroni and Cheese are two of my other favorite ways to eat banana peppers.