This Best Keto Fried Chicken recipe is truly the best- A moist and juicy on the inside yet crispy and crunchy on the outside, no one will know it’s low carb- Keto Fried Chicken is even better than KFC!
It would have to be fried chicken, if I had to choose one food that I always have a second stomach for. I would always choose Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), growing up, whenever it was my turn to pick dinner.
- 4 lbs skin-on chicken breast pieces, thigh, and Chicken drumstick.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups keto bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 serving oil for frying
- Dry the chicken by patting and season with pepper and salt. Take a bowl and whisk together the cream and eggs. Take another bowl and, whisk together the onion powder, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, almond flour, and keto bread crumbs.
- In the cream/egg, dip each piece of chicken, then in the breadcrumb mixture, until coated.
- Until all the chicken is coated, repeat the process.
- To a deep pot or pan, add ½ inch of oil. Add the chicken pieces, once hot and fry until it gets golden brown and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165C.
- * Like peanut oil, safflower oil, or avocado oil, use oil that has a high smoke point.
- STORE: Stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- TO FREEZE: In a ziplock bag, place cooled fried chicken and store it in the freezer for up to Six months.
- TO REHEAT: Unless you want a soggy crust, do not microwave the chicken.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 181IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 1g