Indulge in a keto-friendly twist on a classic comfort food with our Cauliflower Mashed Keto recipe. This dish brings the versatility of cauliflower to the forefront, transforming it into a creamy and satisfying alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. With its rich flavor, velvety texture, and low-carb profile, this recipe is perfect for those following a ketogenic lifestyle or simply looking for a delicious and healthier side dish. Experience the magic of cauliflower as it takes center stage in this low-carb creation.
Cauliflower Mashed Keto Recipe:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (for a dairy-free option, use coconut oil or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley), grated Parmesan (if not dairy-free)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the florets are tender but not overly mushy. Drain the cauliflower well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter or ghee over low heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cooked cauliflower, garlic-infused butter or ghee, and heavy cream or coconut cream. Blend until smooth and creamy. You can also use an immersion blender directly in the pot.
- Season the cauliflower mash with salt and pepper to taste. Keep in mind that the flavors will concentrate slightly as the mash cools.
- If desired, top the cauliflower mash with chopped fresh herbs, grated Parmesan (if not dairy-free), or any other keto-friendly toppings of your choice.
- Servings: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the cauliflower mash
- Calories: ~120
- Total Fat: ~10g
- Saturated Fat: ~6g
- Cholesterol: ~25mg
- Sodium: ~120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~5g
- Dietary Fiber: ~2g
- Sugars: ~2g
- Protein: ~2g