Keto Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts. In a cheesy garlic sauce topped with bubbling mozzarella and parmesan cheese, sautéed creamy Brussels Sprouts and bacon oven baked!
We can’t stand Brussels sprouts, normally. I run in the other direction while pinching my nose when I see a sprouts recipe. RUNNN.
But these? These are SO GOOD! Because sautéed Brussel sprouts with bacon swimming in delicious sauce filled with garlic and parmesan, I’m now a true convert? Delicious!
- 10 ounces (300 grams) of bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds (1 kg) Brussels sprouts, washed, (trim the bottom and cut the bean sprouts in half)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups (400 ml) light cream or heavy cream, (heavy cream)
- Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water (cornstarch slurry-optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped or grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped or grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F | 190°C.
- In a large oven-safe pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a dish lined with paper towels to absorb some oil. Set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan, leaving about 1-2 tablespoons to add flavor (adjust this amount to your preference). In the same saucepan, melt the butter, then add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Scrape off any brown parts at the bottom of the pan and cook while stirring occasionally about 6 minutes. The edges should start to become brittle and slightly burnt.
- Add the garlic and stir in the bean sprouts for a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the cream, reduce the heat to a minimum, and let them simmer until tender (another 3-4 minutes).
- If the cream is too thin and you don’t like it, add the cornstarch slurry and stir immediately until combined.
- Add the bacon, mix everything together, mix all the flavors together. Top the bean sprouts with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese bubbles and sprouts as you like (about 15 minutes). If you like your cheese to brown, change the oven settings and bake for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- If needed, add a little pepper to taste before serving. You can also sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, thyme or rosemary.
Originally released on November 20, 2017.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 380mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1460IU | Vitamin C: 97.3mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 1.8mg