This green Chilean chicken is the perfect simple and delicious low-carb meal. It’s filled with tender chicken, rich green peppers, some southwestern spices, and finally cheese!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Total time: 50 minutes Serving: 8 servings Calories: 253 Author: Kimber
Tomato Green Chilean Chicken Ingredients
- 3-4 Boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into pieces
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 4 ounce cans of crushed green chilies I prefer the old El Paso
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Tomato Green Chilean Chicken instruct
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper until combined. Then add green chili and stir fry evenly.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in the baking tray. Cover the chicken breast with the green chili mixture. Then put Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices are clear.
Serve hot on top of fried spinach or cauliflower rice. enjoy!
Tomato Green Chilean Chicken Recipe Description:
- You can cut the chicken in half, large pieces, or replace the whole chicken breast with chicken tenderloin to make serving easier. The cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days and can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for up to one month.
- Find my Crockpot Edition Green Chilean Chicken here!
- Dietary considerations: This recipe is naturally gluten-free, low-carbohydrate, and friendly to a ketogenic diet. The nutritional facts provided based on my best estimate of the recipe may be inaccurate, depending on the brand you use or the modifications you have made to the recipe.
Serving size: 4 ounces of chicken plus ingredients Calories: 253kcal (13%) Carbohydrates: 2g (1%) Protein: 26g (52%) Fat: 16g (25%) Saturated fat: 8g (50%) Polyunsaturated fat: 3g Monounsaturated fat: 0g trans fat: 0g cholesterol: 98mg (33%) sodium: 439mg (19%) potassium: 0mg fiber: 0g sugar: 1g (1%) vitamin A: 0IUV vitamin C: 0mg calcium: 0mg iron ：0mg